Tuesday 11 March 2008

Screenprinting

Hello blogfans, im going to kick off with a blog about screenprinting. Its my new chosen hobby although i haven't really got too far with it yet.

To get started I watched these two great videos on youtube:





(i recommend subscribing to the make youtube channel as well as the etsy one, they cover a lot of how tos and normally in a pretty quirky fun to watch way)

I found them both really informative and they didnt over complicate the process.

I then had a good look around the internet for some cheap stuff to ge me started. i found www.handprinted.co.uk to be the cheapest ( in the UK) but if you know of any others please tell me ! you can pick up a 12x16" screen there for £17 including postage. i got myslef 2 screens, 2 tubs of fabric paint, some photo emulsion with sensitiser, and a squeegee...all for a pretty decent price.

my first attempt was a bit iffy as i put on the emusion too thick but i am currently working on my next idea and will post some pictures up here once i get it done.

I am keen to screen print some ties, as seen on toybreakers etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=58778

This design is my favorite but they have such a wide selection and the prints are very high quality. At only $30 im definately considering one for my self.

My first screenprinted design will most likely feature an anatomically correct heart as its an image i am lving just now.

I think thats all i have to say on screen printing just now. Its just something that im dabbling in but in a few weeks im sure il have some finished products to share. see you tomorrow :)

2 comments:

feelfuzzy said...

ooh, i love the design on that tie, niiiice

Callooh Callay said...

How great to be embarking on a new medium. I've been wanting to get my hands inked lately too--may give it a try. Good luck!